- Provide constructive and visible leadership as part of the extended management team of the Claims Team
- Manage team resources through planning and leveraging the available talent to optimise team performance
- Working to engage staff in order to create a dynamic and agreeable working environment at all levels, leading the team and the processes towards continuous progression while supporting the change journey
- People development and performance management through active coaching, clear and constructive feedback and an open management style.
- Proactively optimizing the unit’s workflows to achieve set targets.
- Assisting the Team Manager in organizing and monitoring the work flow to ensure agreed deadlines are met and evaluate feasibility during the day.
- Helping effectively handle the administration process: liaising with the Regional Operations Manager about any identified gaps or improvements and proactively contributing to the solution
- Assisting the quality team in monitoring the quality of the Administration Team
- Foster a fruitful collaboration and coordination with Admin responsibles across the IO Platforms
- Coordinate with other Teams Leaders to achieve the fixed turnaround time for Customer Services.
- Training of new colleagues providing appropriate guidance.
- Proficient in written and spoken Business English and Dutch
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and proprietary IT applications.
- Understanding of the claims process and the related systems.
- Excellent organizational skills in order to plan, prioritise and coordinate tasks in an efficient way.
- Ability to connect with people and build strong relationships
- Diligent work approach required to ensure accuracy across the own deliveries and those of the team.
- Proactive character with customer focus and strong problem solving capabilities
- Ability to anticipate potential bottle necks, inefficiencies or technical issues that might affect our customers and contribute to the design of the resolution.
- Leader attitude, ability to provide constructive feedback, to support the excellence of the team as a union and to foster a fruitful collaboration.
- Ability to provide coaching and training to individuals
- Good operational business awareness, including understanding the impact of change management
- Skilled decision-maker: Ability to exercise judgment and make effective decisions.
- Self-confident and engaged to challenge the status quo
- At least 12 months of Cigna experience
- Affinity to leadership – no previous leadership experience required.