- The Procurement Specialist is responsible for ensuring items or services are purchased from specified suppliers and are delivered upon agreed terms and conditions, seeking maximum value for the company including agreed time and cost.
- The Procurement Specialist is responsible for delivering high-quality purchasing services on a day-to-day basis according to defined procedures, respecting quantity, quality and timing. This person ensures quality of services provided and contributes to improvement and knowledge management of purchasing processes.
- Responsible for Purchase Order (PO) processing
- Support the user defining purchase requests when needed.
- Define correct buying channel for each request, chooses the best supplier in term of price, quality and lead time
- Validate the nature of the purchase request
- Obtain quotations, evaluate options, and conduct spot buys
- Ensures that a PO is created correctly, follows up any issues related to PO creation
- Involves location Procurement & Sourcing in spot buys when local knowledge is required or if purchase threshold is exceeded
- Manage day-to-day interactions with suppliers and field purchasing leaders
- Escalation of complex issues to Procurement Leader
- Performs problem solving for non-complex issues with field operations user
- Triggers catalog and buying guide updates when required
- Uses all required procurement tools when required or mandated by process
- Continuous improvement and knowledge management, participate in Continuous Improvement projects when required
- Proposes documentation changes / improvements to process when required
- Familiar with Procurement Procedures
- Provides advice and helps solve technical problems to comply according to the service descriptions and procedures, respecting quality and timing
- Ensures full compliance with Standards and Guideline
- Track deviations and raise non-conformance in system
Category Specific – Field Equipment & Services
- Ensures all necessary technical information are provided before processing the request to ensure specifications are met.
- Proposes available catalogs on system as first point of selection to product lines mostly for MRO requirements and field related.
- Escalates to local supply chain teams on gradual basis in case of any complications while processing the request due to criticality.
- Aligns with Global Category strategy and requirement in procurement process.
Category Specific – Indirect & Infrastructure
- Manage Indirect & Infrastructure purchase orders & deliver quality purchasing services on a day-to-day basis according to defined procedures, respecting quantity, quality and timing.
- Identify supplier and catalog availability. Escalate as necessary to Field Procurement team on supplier responsiveness or in situation where lack of supplier options to comply with Company’s purchasing procedures
- Validation of required documents (invoice/timesheet) to proceed with Purchase Order, obtain quotation and evaluate option based on the scope of work (SOW).
- Coordinate with suppliers & Facility Team for site survey to support end user on defining infrastructure construction & maintenance SOW. To involve Field Procurement team when support is required in coordination of site visit.
- Alignment with Global Category strategy and requirement in procurement process.
Category Specific - Rental
- Manage equipment rental renewal purchase orders & deliver quality purchasing services on a day-to-day basis according to defined procedures, respecting quantity, quality and timing.
- Timely renewal of monthly equipment rental purchase order to ensure accurate monthly accruals as per Procurement procedures.
Category Specific – Chemicals
- Ensures all necessary information are provided to ensure we meet the requirements.
- Ensure the selection of Chemical catalogue lines available in the system by checking both part numbers and item description.
- Always communicate with the local Sourcing team regular in case of any escalations during processing the request due to criticality.
- Always be aligned with Global Category strategy and requirement in procurement process.
- Passion for customer service
- Effective at cross-functional / cross-cultural teamwork
- Able to interact and manage internal customers effectively
- Possess ability to handle numerous requests simultaneously and prioritize effectively
- Responsive to field needs and sense of urgency
Required and Desired Skills:
- Previous experience in transactional procurement a plus but not mandatory
- Previous experience in commercial negotiation with suppliers
- Effective Business Communication (Written and Oral)
- Comprehensive understanding of all procurement systems, ERPs, & logistics systems
- Technical and supplier knowledge for one category and potential business segment
- Knowledge of Procurement Process, Approved Procurement channels, Approved Supplier List, and Supplier Identification
- Ability to interact in English and potentially other relevant language
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering or Manufacturing (or comparable degree) or requisite work experience
Click on "Apply now' or send your resume to [email protected]