The Software Architect is responsible for architectural contributions to projects in the conceptual design, commissioning, planning, deployment, training and ensuring that the project addresses the business and integration objectives in the D&I business.
The job consults with operations groups as needed to support the area of expertise and identifies opportunities for continuous improvement of product and service delivery and formally communicates findings. He or she also actively leads in promoting new technology and services offerings and supports the business in risk management and applying lessons learned to improve job design and execution as related to the area of expertise.
- Provide technical support in the area of expertise throughout the Sales and Product and Service Delivery process.
- Help develop and maintain the architectural artefacts for a project prior to the feasibility launch, consisting of design model, architecture document, architectural bootstrapping session, assessment and working prototype of a candidate architecture.
- Ensure that the architecture addresses product development and business goals.
- Ensure that the product development team implements the product architecture properly.
- Lead the development of technical job designs for the business.
- Explore opportunities for value-added products and services.
- Consult with Design/Technical Engineer role as required to optimize the technical design.
- Lead the real-time incident response, recovery, and investigation as related to the area of expertise.
- Evaluate technical viability and overall appraisal of tenders as related to the area of expertise.
- Maintain customer visibility through active participation in professional society activities and calls for papers.
- Understand the competition’s technical offering.
- Participate in external technical societies and communities
CANDIDATE PROFILE/JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum IT/Computer Science/Software Engineering related degree or equivalent with at least 5 years of experience in a related field.
- Proficient in Cloud Platforms, Open Source Data Universe and Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform.
- Able to work in Kuala Lumpur.
- Proficient in English and Malay