Work Location: KL Malaysia
Working hours: 9-6 , 5 day week
Salary Range: Current budget 8k – 10k monthly subject to candidate’s profile
Primary Skillset: Channel Sales Experiences.
Specs to be Highlighted: Deep understanding of M365/Security technologies preferred.
Discipline: Channel Sales Specialist
Building on mission, the Channel Sales Specialist role is key to channel management strategy as part of Organization. You will have a primary focus on understanding where the greatest areas of opportunity exist within your partner territory and to then create a plan and execution model with your partners. This is an opportunity that will deepen your Solution Sales expertise, hone your collaboration skills and accelerate your career growth. This role is flexible in that you can work up to 50% from home.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
The Channel Sales Specialist Role
- Leads the creation of partner ecosystem connections and builds impactful relationships. Works closely with partner to facilitate Modern Work solution area sales, gains input and support from executive stakeholders, and defines a governance structure to merge and manage lead pipelines. Leverages deep Solution Area understanding and the competitive landscape to identify and attract partners that can deliver solutions that drive broader customer adoption of Microsoft technologies.
- Leads partner strategy across teams at the segment level to identify partners that can generate increased revenue in Modern Work. Works with internal teams to ensure alignment around the partner strategy.
- Assesses Solution Area performance and adjusts strategies as needed to ensure success.
- Improve partner sales velocity, ensuring partners are aware of resources and programs available to them to alleviate any friction points; scaling impact through partner engagement. Ensure channel execution readiness by leading enablement and activation activities in partnership with the Partner Marketing Advisors.
- Grow partner ecosystem by surfacing customer wins for partner co-sell evidence; surface partner capacity and capability needs and key opportunities to Microsoft partner recruit teams to drive the development and recruitment of new partners.
- Maintains and stays up to date on sales compliance processes. Verifies, reviews, and approves sales execution submissions (e.g., funding requests). Ensures teams maintains alignment with compliance policies.
- Champions executive sponsorship of innovative solutions and the presentation of solutions. Leads regular executive engagements and reviews.
- Tracks, assesses Microsoft and partner ecosystem sales performance and adjust strategies.
- Provide feedback to program management, marketing teams, and business groups, proposing changes to resources and programs as necessary.
Required/Minimum Qualifications :
- 7+ years of core sales, channel sales, industry or solution selling, business development experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Operations, Business Administration or related field AND 4+ years of core sales, channel sales, industry or solution selling, business development experience
- OR Master's Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Operations, Business Administration or related field AND 3+ years of core sales, channel sales, industry or solution selling, business development experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications :
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends required with proven ability to position the customer and partner value proposition of the Microsoft Cloud especially Modern Workplace
- Excellent Communicator. Strong negotiation, organization, presentation, product demo, written & verbal communication skills required.
- Strong Performer. Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required.
- Collaborative. Able to work cohesively with members of the Microsoft field sales, partners, and marketing teams.
- Planning for success. Understand cloud deployment and adoption planning.