The Speed to Market (S2M) Lab Analyst requires an individual to be able to understand and support an end-to-end computing environment designed to emulate ExxonMobil’s production computing environment.
- Support and maintain server and network infrastructure for environment
- Support virtualization solutions
- Keep environment evergreen with the collaborative support and expertise of the Service Delivery Organizations (SDOs)
- Fulfill customer service requests (i.e. VMs customization)
- Establish and maintain relationships with EMIT SDOs that need a controlled environment to test and develop new technologies and initiatives
- Maintain balance between providing production-like environment and agile testing environment
- Propose alternatives to concepts evaluated in S2M and found not fit-for-purpose
- Advise on how technology can be implemented to follow standard practices
- Lead end to end infrastructure troubleshooting with internal and external groups of support
Individual will need the ability to work with minimal supervision and possess strong technical knowledge.
There is a base level skillset all analysts on the team should have. Additionally, there are specific skills for either a Hosting or Networking concentrated role.
- Broad Infrastructure background (servers, storage, network, etc.)
- Windows and/or LINUX OS experience and knowledge
- High level network understanding/experience (routing, switching, IP addressing, network utilization monitoring and physical power and cabling)
- Working knowledge of
- Service Now/Ticketing
- DMZ (Public and Private Network)
- Operations Support Tools (DATADOG, SCOM)
- Network Security Fundamentals
- Dell servers and storage arrays
- Able to troubleshoot infrastructure and application integration issues from tickets, email, or phone calls with end users
- Able to Design, implement, document, and maintain procedures, tools, applications, and utilities in support of the lab environment.
- Customer Service Focus
- Knowledge of Roles & Responsibilities within the EMIT organization
- Communication Skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Strong technical writing
- Strong logical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Work effectively as part of a global team
- Able to be productive when working asynchronously with colleagues from around the world
- Exhibit willingness to help others
- Team player
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and processes
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Work with minimal direction and flexible structure
- Work in an unstructured environment to identify the steps required and best path to take to achieve project objectives
- Adaptability to change
- Effective time management skills
- Planning and coordination skills
- Effectively progress many work items concurrently
- ExxonMobil Project tracking skills
- Creativity & innovation
- Familiar with IT Security Practices
- Experience in Agile DevOps practices is a large plus
- Ability to design, implement, document, and maintain complex integrated infrastructure and virtual systems.
- Working knowledge of Operating Systems Windows & Linux (required) including Active Directory, LDAP, Antivirus, MECM, SCOM, and other Operations Support Tools.
- Working knowledge (required) or advanced skills (desirable) with one or more of the following: Hypervisors VMware VCenter, Red Hat Virtualization, Containers (Open Shift, Dockers and Kubernetes etc.), storage arrays (SAN/NAS) for NFS/CIFS provisioning, and/or backup server technology.
- Familiarity with software services (application for manage infrastructure and third party application environments) in the assigned field. This includes installation, upgrading, patching, tuning and creating links and interfaces between systems.
- Experience with multiple network vendor operating systems like Juniper & Cisco and familiarity with configuration of other network devices (desirable) like load balancers, DNS/DHCP appliances, etc.
- Understanding of different types of networking environments like data center design but also including smaller sites deployments for be able to deploy ad-hoc testing environments.
- Proficient in complex routing protocols like (BGP and ISIS).
- Experience with switching technologies like Layer 2, Layer 3 including Spine and Leaf topologies.
- Background knowledge of network services: VRF, VLAN, VXLAN/EVPN, DNS and desirable familiarity with SDWAN.
- Working knowledge (desirable) in Networking Automation scripting language to maintain systems configuration, such us: Ansible, Python, Nornir or Puppet.
- Desirable experience in Linux Bash scripting or Perl.
- Familiarity with network authentication services (AAA or Cisco ISE).
- Working knowledge of Cisco FTD and IPS/IDS with Firepower, Juniper SRX
- Familiarity with monitoring and troubleshooting tools (Junos-Space, Defense Center, splunk, OpenNMS, nGenius, etc.)
- Able to use and create network diagrams to envision the end to end traffic flows from the multi-tiered network topologies including storage and backups solutions
- Desirable ability to setup/support F5 load balancers configuration to provide scalable solution for Projects and Proof of Concepts.