Perform daily operations role and responsible for the day-to-day smooth execution and continuous operations. Ensure standards and procedures are strictly adhered to.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
Key Results Areas:
- Experience in job flow schedule scenarios in BMC Control-M
- Able to create job flows using control-M Workspace
- Worked with Control-M scheduler
- Plan, develop, integrate, and automate application and operating system tasks through an automated batch scheduler (e.g. BMC Control-M) with focus on efficiency and automation.
- Responsible for creating reference architectures, best practices and procedures and will setup, monitor and schedule batch jobs across multiple applications and operating systems.
- Working on request based on the service request (SR) or change request (CR) from Singtel customer/stakeholder or SA.
- Control-m batch job execution and monitoring.
- Batch output & event handling
- Prompt incident identification, escalation & reporting
- Backup operations
- Generate daily/weekly/monthly/yearly/ad-hoc reports when required
- Adhere to all operational & physical security procedures
- Provide operational support during DR Exercises
- Maintain records required to work towards acceptable audit rating
- Any other operational related duties as assigned
- Perform callouts and escalation as per the work instructions and/or when the situation requires it by communicating the appropriate information effectively to the relevant support and/or customer.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Completion of all assigned tasks within schedule and resources with accuracy.
- Conformity of documentation in accordance to QMS and Work Instructions requirements.
Category Essential for this role
Good to have
- GCE ‘O’ Level
- Diploma in IT (recognized IT training schools)
- ITIL Foundation Level Certification
- Work Experience 1-3 year DC Operations > 3 years DC Operations
Technical / Professional Skills
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Control M scheduling software
- Wintel / MCITP
Non-Technical / Soft Skills
- Work as a team or individually
- Work on business hours
- Able to support during odd hours when is required.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Positive attitude
- Good Communication Skills (both verbal & written)
- Analytical with good problem solving skills
- Well organized
- Self- motivated
- Proactive and able to act on own initiative
- Strong analytical and organization skills
- Demonstrated problem solving