Security Ranger (Modern Workplace)
Work Location: KL Malaysia
Working hours: 9-6 , 5 day week
Salary Range: About 10k monthly base
Roles and Responsibilities
SMC-C Security Ranger is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission. The Small, Medium, and Corporate (SMC-C) team helps businesses achieve their digital transformation goals by matching customer challenges with Microsoft solutions. Located in the country, you will help our managed customers across industries, company sizes and territories to identify their needs and opportunities.
The Modern Work + Security specialist team consists of highly capable individuals that drive client wins on the latest cloud and security technologies. The pre-sales Security Rangers main goal is to win the technical decision of customers to purchase, implement and use our latest online Security, Compliance and Identity services and solutions from client. You will work in a fantastic and supportive team environment full of customer obsessed people who are enabling customers through digital transformation.
You will be a Subject Matter Expert for cybersecurity and compliance. In this transformational role, you are expected to be able to both own and win the customers technical decisions, as well as find new opportunities through their contacts for their colleagues to further pursue as part of your pre-sale’s engagement. As a Security Ranger, you work within a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to help educate your customers at a technical level, demonstrate, and prove our solutions, and win the technical decision allowing the team to achieve/exceed quarterly targets in your accounts.
We are looking for someone who has skills and experience like this:
- Security & Compliance practitioner. Experience and ability to explain key solutions and architectures for confidentiality, integrity and availability across multiple cybersecurity and compliance topics including endpoint detection and response, anti-malware, persistent threats, email security, user behavior and analytics, threat intelligence, threat hunting and forensics, information protection, application management, security management and/or auditing and governance required.
- Identity practitioner. Experienced professional conversant in cloud-based identity and access management solutions as well as hybrid architectures and integration of cloud-based apps (SaaS) required.
- CloudTrust. Demonstrated knowledge of identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance, including cloud, hybrid solutions and Zero Trust Architecture required.
- Technical breadth. Customer experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, migrations, and technology management; broad experience with Microsoft 365 Security, Azure Security and Enterprise Mobility + Security, and Windows 10 preferred. • Competitive product knowledge (ex. Okta, Symantec, Boldon James, Proofpoint, Crowdstrike, Arcsight, Splunk) preferred.
- Collaborative. Able to work cohesively with customers, members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations and Microsoft (or similar) partners required.
- Excellent Communicator. Outstanding written & verbal communication, collaboration, organizational, presentation, and deep technical product demo skills required.
- Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset. Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused preferred.
- Performer. Highly driven passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required.
- Growth Mindset. Experience and passion for learning (technical and professional skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing, and learning from both successes and failures; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit required. Consummate Professional
- 5+ years of related experience in technical presales and/or technical consulting roles preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred.
- Certification in Microsoft Security Ops Analyst Associate (SC-200) and Information Protection Admin Associate (SC-400) preferred. Or prepared to attain certification within 3 months.
- Certification in the following would be an advantage: CEH, OSCP, CCSP, GSEC, CCIA, GSED, ECSA or GISP