Client is looking to hire a Senior Application Programmer to assist with the enhancement and development of its proprietary in-house document management and corporate secretarial application system, currently in use across 9 global offices.
In order to facilitate upgrading and enhancements to this system, a senior application programmer is required to assist with the development of the application, provide user support/training as well as identify and integrate third party applications to enhance useability of the application.
This full-time role is based in Kuala Lumpur. Please note that only Malaysians and residents with the right to live and work in Malaysia need apply for this position.
- Work with business process owners to analyse user requirements and system design specifications.
- Execute full lifecycle software development.
- Write and audit well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Document and maintain software functionality.
- Assist/plan the development of and modifications to the application modules.
- Oversee test cases and perform unit testing.
- Oversee application release documentation and maintain version control.
- Oversee application user guide documentation.
- Investigate and resolve application/system problems as and when necessary.
- Enhance application modules to improve efficiency and resource utilization.
- Plan user application training.
- Define resource requirements and manage resource availability & allocation – both internal and third party.
- Track projects and provide regular reports on project statuses to key stakeholders.
- Identify and mitigate potential risks.
- Managing the relationship and communication with all stakeholders, ensuring the application is delivered to their satisfaction.
Job Qualifications and Skill Sets
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science with at least 5 years’ experience
- Good programming skills in VB.Net, MS SQL, Windows Forms UI design, and database administration
- A good understanding of and experience with the integration of API management tools and the style of architecture employed by API’s
- Experience with the use of Visual Studio and Telerik controls would be an advantage
- Basic understanding of Security, Cryptography, and Encryption techniques and principles
- Experience with Version Control Systems
- Strong analytical and logical skills to troubleshoot and debug source codes
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good communication and presentation skills