Senior Software Developer
What do we need:
Experienced Software Engineer to lead and contribute to multiple development workstreams for the ongoing global deployment of an enterprise communication platform. The platform includes a marketing automation SaaS application, a series of data stores in Google Cloud Platform, a full stack event processor which assists with real time communications, and a custom channel aggregator.
What’s special about this team:
The engineering team working on the Client Communications Platform consists of a group with diverse responsibilities made up of a mix of employees and contractors. This team is part of a larger unit supporting Client’s Customer Engagement platforms and thrives on collaboration to create the best solutions possible to support our Client Business Owners and Customers across the globe. The team works in a global business environment, interfacing with market-based teams across six continents, as well as data foundations and business ownership teams at corporate headquarters.
How you would contribute to the role:
As a senior engineer and team leader, you would world closely with global and local market teams across the organization including product management, design, data engineering, marketing, and sales to learn the objectives and scope of communication initiatives. From there, you would coordinate and contribute to an engineering team to deliver the solution, which could involve code development for real-time, transactional communications or data ingestions in support of sales and marketing communications.
The team collectively works on channel enablement and operates in a SaaS and cloud-based environment including Google Cloud and AWS. The role involves software development and deployment, along with data architecture, mapping, data ingestion and validation.
As part of a global team, collaboration and handoff with colleagues in the United States and Europe will necessitate periodic evening or morning web conferences.
- 6+ years of software development experience, including back end data movements, focusing on Customer Relationship and Engagement
- BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or similar
- Strong business and technology acumen
- Experience with the following:
- Java for processor step development, use of IDEs
- CI/CD pipeline within Google Cloud Platform (GitHub, Cloud Build)
- Access management, scalability, monitoring (VPC, IAM, Kubernetes, GKE monitoring)
- Data ingestion into cloud data platforms including GCP BigQuery
- Cloud-based multi-channel marketing automation hubs
- Strong SQL skills for performing data transformations
- Exposure to Cloud SQL, Cloud Function, Firestore
- Good understanding of the marketing automation/e-commerce/customer service space
Skills to be successful in the role:
- Ability to successfully facilitate collaboration within and across multiple teams, functions, departments, and levels
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with both technical and business partners
- Ability to facilitate and maintain relationships between organization and vendors
- Effective and efficient verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and desire to help mentor junior team members
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills with ability to prioritize multiple/competing projects and assignments
- Strong problem-solving ability and dealing with ambiguity
- Ability to foster growth mindset, teamwork, diversity & inclusion
- Ability to communicate in English
Job Segment: Developer, Cloud, Senior Product Manager, Software Engineer, Channel Marketing, Technology, Operations, Engineering, Marketing